The SEP Cloud client for Windows is updated periodically to provide improvements and defect fixes. The next update is scheduled to start on April 13, 2020.What’s New?
In this release, the SEP Cloud client for Windows will be updated to version 22.20.2 to improve network and client stability.
• Fixed a known issue in the SEP Cloud client for proxy setups where the gateway IP was not configured
Earlier, to enroll a Windows device into SEP Cloud, you had to specify the IP address of your proxy server as a gateway on the devices in your environment. The gateway IP is now automatically resolved so specifying the IP address on the devices is not required. This fix also resolves LiveUpdate issues on the devices that were enrolled in a proxy setup of SEP Cloud.
• Updated the URL domain names of components of the SEP Cloud client so that the client is in sync with the serversImpact
• All Windows devices that are currently enrolled in SEP Cloud will automatically be updated in the background, using LiveUpdate. This update does not affect the security of your devices
• To start, the update is distributed to a small set of clients over the first ten days of the release, and then the remaining clients will get the update. If you want to update sooner, you can run LiveUpdate from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud clientSchedule
• Start: April 13, 2020, at 09:00 UTC
• End: April 13, 2020, at 10:00 UTCQuick links to more information
For questions visit SEP Cloud forum at: https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/community-home?CommunityKey=803229a0-b4c2-432f-8a7c-83d2948d6835